Terms and Conditions for Rewards Plus:
- The Rewards Plus Programme is brought to you by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India (HSBC) and any participation is voluntary. The Rewards Plus Programme is applicable to all HSBC Classic, Gold & Platinum Credit Cardholders (hereinafter referred to as the "Cardholder").
- The Rewards Plus Programme is not applicable for HSBC Premier Credit Cardholders, HSBC Co-Brand Credit Cardholders & Debit Cardholders.
- The HSBC Rewards Plus Programme is available to HSBC Platinum, Gold & Classic primary Credit Cardholders only.
- Cardholders are eligible for the programme only as long as their Credit Card accounts and all linked accounts are valid and no amount overdue.
- As part of Rewards Plus programme, eligible Cardholders of HSBC will earn higher reward points on specific spend categories as given below
- HSBC Classic Cardholders will earn 3 times reward points. For e.g. 3 reward points for every Rs.250 spent on purchases at Departmental Stores, Groceries & Restaurants.
- HSBC Gold Cardholders will earn 3 times reward points. For e.g. 3 reward points for every Rs.100 spent for purchases at Departmental Stores, Groceries, Restaurants & Hotels.
- HSBC Platinum Cardholders will earn 3 times reward points. For e.g. 6 reward points for every Rs.150 spent on purchases at Hotels & Restaurants.
- All other purchases at other merchant establishments or retail outlets which are not included in the Reward Plus program, as specified above, will earn reward points as detailed below –
- Classic Cardholder - 1 reward point for every spend of Rs.250
- Gold Cardholder - 1 reward point for every spend of Rs.100
- Platinum Cardholder - 2 reward points for every spend of Rs.150
- Reward points will be offered only for purchases made under categories specified above on the Credit card.
- The categories for Rewards Plus defined above shall have the same meaning as ascribed to the categories by Visa & MasterCard under their respective Merchant Category Codes.
- The category of purchase will be decided on the basis of the Merchant Category Code (MCC) for the merchant establishment where the purchase is made. HSBC reserves the sole right to decide on whether a purchase meets the eligibility criteria as listed above.
- The category of purchase (please refer the appended table below) have been mapped to Merchant category Code (MCC) based on VISA / MasterCard guidelines and standards. HSBC is not liable for any disputes that arise due to differences in merchant category code mapping maintained by acquiring banks.
- Spend Category Specific:
- Departmental Stores & Groceries: The Cardholder will get reward points in all stand alone departmental stores and grocery outlets and these do not include grocery or departmental stores operating within large format stores or shopping malls.
- Restaurants: The Cardholder will get reward points in all stand alone restaurants and these do not include restaurants operating within hotels.
- Hotels: The Cardholder will get reward points in all the hotels as per the MCCs list appended below.
- HSBC reserves the right to include more Category / Merchant Category Code or exclude certain existing categories / Merchant Category Codes from the product proposition.
- The customer will be allowed to withdraw from Rewards Plus program within 30 days of registering for the same. The annual fee charged will be reversed in full if the customer moves out of the program within 30 days of registering. But the annual fee will not be reversed after the expiry of the 30 days period.
- If customer withdraws from the Rewards Plus program, then the base reward program applicable for respective Credit card type shall apply for all transactions done on the Credit card.
- The customer will earn maximum reward points under this program as follows –
- Gold & Classic Cardholders will get maximum of 5000 reward points in a year
- Platinum Cardholders will get maximum of 10000 reward points in a year
- Cash advances, any fees/charges and disputed transactions will not accrue Reward points.
- Purchases on add-on Credit cards will accrue Reward points which will be credited to the primary Cardholder's card account. Only the primary Cardholder can redeem Reward points.
- HSBC reserves the right at any time without previous notice to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms and Conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this program by another program, whether similar to this program or not, or to withdraw it altogether.
- The Rewards Plus Programme is subject to force majeure events.
- Tax liability, if any will be borne by the Cardholder.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this program shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai only. The existence of a dispute, if any, shall not constitute any claim against HSBC.
- Cardholders cannot redeem their Reward points against dues outstanding on their Credit Card.
- The usage of the Credit Card is governed by the applicable terms and conditions. Please visit www.hsbc.co.in for the same.
- By participating in the Rewards Plus Programme, the Cardholders shall be deemed to have accepted all these abovementioned Terms and Conditions in toto.
Addendum to T&Cs:
The sub categories and their respective MCCs under each of spend categories include the following:
|Departmental Stores/ Supermarkets / Groceries
||Miscellaneous General Merchandise
||Grocery Stores and Supermarkets
||Freezer and Locker Meat Provisioners
||Miscellaneous Food Stores-Convenience Stores and Specialty Markets
||Eating Places and Restaurants
||Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages) -Bars- Taverns- Nightclubs- Cocktail Lounges- and Discothques
||Fast Food Restaurants
||Taj Hotels International
||Crowne Plaza Hotels
||Lodging-Hotels-Motels and Resorts