HSBC Terms and Conditions:
(I) Bill Payment SERVICE for Internet Banking
a. By registering for Bill Payment service, you, the customer/accountholder authorize HSBC India ('the Bank') and its agents to follow the payment instructions you have given using your Internet Banking/PhoneBanking facility. You will provide the Bank with the names, and information of your account with those billers, as required by the biller to whom you wish to make Bill Payments. You fully understand that the Bank engages third party agent(s) to provide this service.
b. When you register for a biller on the Internet Banking service, you will be able to make payments to such billers also through PhoneBanking. Conversely, when you register a biller for PhoneBanking, you will also be able to make payments to such billers through Internet Banking. Registration for the service is not immediate and the time taken for registration varies from biller to biller.
c. By registering for biller(s) through the Bill Payment service on Internet Banking and PhoneBanking, you agree that the Bank is authorized to accept your instructions to make payment over PhoneBanking and Internet Banking from your accounts linked to your PBN (personal banking number)/ Internet Banking ID, only upto a total of Rs. 250,000 per day (from 00:01 hours to 24:00 hours Indian Standard Time). For PhoneBanking, this limit will be reduced by any transfer payments to pre-designated payees initiated by you during the day (from 00:01 hours to 24:00 hours Indian Standard Time).
d. When you initiate a Bill Payment, you authorize the Bank to debit your bank account on a Business Day and to remit funds to the biller on your behalf electronically. If the biller does not permit or accept electronic payments, then those funds will be remitted to the biller through the use of a manual cheque.
e. Payments made by you before 5:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time, Monday to Saturday inclusive (excluding Bank holidays), will be received by the biller on the 3rd business day after the date of payment. Payments made by you after 5:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time will be deemed to have been made on the next business day.
f. You may use the Bill Payment service from Internet Banking to authorize automatic recurring payments of recurring bills on certain pre-specified dates. These payments will be deemed to be made on the next Business Day if the specified payment day falls on a weekend or holiday. Recurring payments cannot be setup from PhoneBanking.
g. If you choose to debit your Credit Card Account for bill payment you will not be able to use the recurring bill payment facility.
h. The Bank cannot be responsible for any delays made by the billers themselves.
i. The Bank or its agents shall incur no liability if they are unable to effect any Payment Instruction on the Payment Date due to any one or more of the following circumstances:
1. If instructions to make a Bill payment is not received 3 business days before the due date.
2. If the bill amount paid by you varies from the actual bill amount from the Biller.
3. a) If your Bank Account does not contain sufficient funds to cover the payment of the respective bill or the bill amount exceeds the overdraft limit, if any, granted to you.
b) If you choose to make a bill payment through your credit card and the attempt to debit your credit card results in an authorization failure due to various reasons including but not limited to, sufficient limit not available, credit card in delinquent status, credit card in closed status etc.
4. If the funds available in the Payment Account are under any attachment, lien or charge.
5. The name of Biller and/or details required by the Biller for effecting the payment are not correctly provided by you.
6. Due to refusal of the Biller to receive the payment for any reason whatsoever.
7. For any causes due to Force Majeure such as earthquake, flood, fire and other natural calamities or circumstances beyond the control of the Bank or its agents.
j. The Bank shall not be responsible if the payment instructions are not effected for reasons not directly attributable to the Bank or its agents nor for any claim for consequential or punitive damages or for loss of profit. Refunds for rejected payments will be credited to your bank account within 5 business days.
k. The Bank or its agents retain the customary right to suspend the operations of the Bill Payment Service without notice and at their sole discretion.
(II) Customers/Accountholders Right to Cancel (Stop Payment) a Bill Payment
You can cancel or stop a recurring Bill Payment anytime before the Bill Payment Process Date for that payment through the use of Internet Banking service. Recurring payments cannot be setup, modified or cancelled through PhoneBanking.
The Bank reserves the right to charge and recover from you, fees for availing the Bill Payment Service. Such fees shall be as stated in the tariff sheet on the Bank's website. The Charges shall be debited to your savings/ current account with the Bank. Failure to pay the charges on or before the specified date will render you liable for payment of interest at such rate as may be stipulated by the Bank and/or withdrawal of the Bill Payment Service without any notice to you or liability to the Bank. The Bank reserves the right to amend the current tariff without any notice. Currently this service is not chargeable in HSBC India.
(IV) ALTERATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
The Bank has the right to amend or supplement any of these terms at any time without prior notice and at its absolute discretion. Changed terms and conditions will be displayed on the bank's Internet Banking website. By using the Bill Payment Service, you will be deemed to have accepted the changed terms and conditions.
(V) DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
You authorise the Bank to share your personal and bill payment related information with its agents, billers and/or financial institutions. You also acknowledge that the Bank remains entitled to assign any activities to any third party agency at its sole discretion.
By using the Bill Payment Service, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted all the abovementioned terms and conditions in totality.
(VI) Card-to-Card Transfers: Terms and Conditions
- 'Card-to-Card Transfer' refers to a facility to transfer funds online from a HSBC savings / current account to any domestic VISA Debit or Credit Card through the ‘VISA Money Transfer' (VMT) service operated through the VISA system. ‘Accountholder' refers to the customer holding the HSBC savings or current account. ‘Internet Banking' refers to the Internet Banking facility provided by HSBC. ‘Card' refers to a Debit or Credit Card. ‘Recipient VISA Card' refers to the VISA Debit/Credit Card to which funds are transferred to, using the Card-to-Card Transfer facility.
- Card-to-Card transfer facility is not available for payment by debiting an HSBC Credit card account.
- The Card-to-Card Transfer facility shall be provided at the Accountholder's request. A transaction fee, as communicated by the bank, from time to time, shall be applicable on each such transfer request.
- The maximum amount that may be transferred from a savings/current account per day using the Card-to-Card facility shall be Rs.250,000. The maximum amount that may be transferred to a recipient VISA card per day shall be Rs.50,000.
- Before initiating Card-to-Card Transfer instructions, on a one-time basis, the Accountholder should register each Recipient VISA Card on Internet Banking, through the "Add Biller/Recipient VISA Card" screen. The Accountholder shall provide all information as required on the said screen, including, Recipient Name, Recipient VISA Card Number etc, in the absence of which, HSBC will be unable to process the registration request. Upon receipt of the request, HSBC will activate the Recipient VISA card within 1 working day.
- Only transfers to VISA Cards are permitted using the Card-to-Card Transfer facility. If the Accountholder requests for transfer of funds to a non-VISA Card, HSBC shall not be liable for failure in execution of the transfer instruction.
- Only transfers to VISA Cards issued in India are permitted using the Card-to-Card Transfer facility. The Accountholder shall be responsible to ensure that the Card-to-Card Transfer instructions are not in violation of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 or any rules/regulations made thereunder and shall be liable for any violation of the same.
- Once the Recipient VISA Card is activated on Internet Banking, the Accountholder may use the "Pay a Bill / Transfer to VISA Card" screen on Internet Banking to effect a Card-to-Card Transfer by specifying the debit account number, the transfer amount, the date and frequency of transfer(s). The authorisation to debit the Accountholder's current/savings account indicated, shall include authorization to debit charges, if any, applicable on Card-to-Card Transfers as per prevailing tariff.
- The Card-to-Card Transfer shall be made to the Card number provided by the Accountholder. The Accountholder shall be responsible for providing the correct Recipient Card number. While HSBC may at its discretion obtain certain other details of the Recipient like Name, Address, Recipient's Bank name etc., HSBC shall not be liable to verify or authenticate the information so obtained. The Bank will process Card-to-Card Transfer instructions based on the information provided by the Accountholder. In the event the Accountholder provides an incorrect Recipient Card number, the Bank shall neither be responsible for such transfer nor shall the bank be liable to reverse the transaction.
- Upon receipt of the Card-to-Card Transfer instruction, HSBC shall debit the account indicated by the Accountholder on the same working day (in case of receipt of instructions on a non-working day, the debit shall be effected on the next working day). All Card-to-Card Transfer instructions received by 5 pm on any working day shall be transmitted to VISA by the next working day.
- HSBC shall not be responsible for the time taken by the Recipient's bank to credit the proceeds to the Recipient's Card.
- HSBC does not accept any liability for:
- Card-to-Card Transfer transactions carried out in good faith, relying on Accountholder's instructions.
- Not carrying out Card-to-Card Transfer instructions where the Bank has reason to believe in its sole judgment that the instructions received are not genuine or are otherwise unclear, improper, vague, or doubtful based on an internal review process. In such a case, HSBC does not accept responsibility for any delay in execution of the Accountholder's request on account of such a review or non-execution of the Accountholder's request as a result of such a review.
- The performance of VISA or any other entity involved in the process and for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by the Accountholder or any other person for any error, defect, failure or interruption of Card-to-Card Transfer service or consequences arising out of delayed payments.
- HSBC may also make additions/ deletions to the services offered, at its sole discretion. HSBC reserves the right to withdraw the service at any time at its discretion. The availability/ non-availability of the service shall be informed to the Accountholder through email or published on the Bank's web site or by written communication. HSBC retains the right to change the terms and conditions for Card-to-Card Transfers, without any prior notice. Usage of any service within Internet Banking shall also be subject to the Internet Banking Terms and Conditions.
- The accountholder, upon opting for the Card-to-Card Transfer facility, shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms & Conditions.